Who doesn’t want clean and glowing skin? We spend thousands of money on facials and cleanups in salons but do you know that the best way you can love your skin is if we maintain our diet properly and consume food rich in those nutrients which favor our skin. The food we consume has maximum effect on our skin and health, therefore it is really crucial to keep a proper check of our diet. Unfortunately, there are various edible items which are excellent for our skin but we don’t know about them but if we have apt knowledge in this subject, we can include them in our diet in the right amount. This article is all about how you can make your skin radiant by improving your diet.
1) Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes which are commonly known as chakarkand, have a high content of beta-carotene and anthocyanin. When consumed beta-carotene converts into vitamin A which stimulates the growth of new cells thus giving our skin radiant glow but also helps to reduce chronic diseases and problems related to degradation. Anthocyanin helps to fight problems related to pigmentation
2) Carrots: Like sweet potato, even carrots have a high percentage of beta-carotene which when consumed, converts into vitamin A. Vitamin A helps to fight against pigmentation and prevents aging. Besides this, it also repairs skin tissues which are damaged by harsh rays of the sun.
3) Papaya: Papaya is exceptionally skin friendly. It is that fruit which can be consumed for multiple skin beneficial reasons. It contains papain, beta-carotene, antioxidants and vitamin P. Papain removes dead skin by activating in-active protein present in the body. Antioxidants prevent aging and issues related to pigmentation. It also contains dietary fiber which cleanses your skin and gives it a radiant glow.
4) Beetroot: Beetroots are excellent blood cleanser. Clean blood signals acne and pimple free skin. It is rich in minerals and vitamins. Beetroots bring slight redness in our skin and prevent wrinkles. Usually, people under-estimate its merits because of its distinct taste but beetroots contain the high percentage of minerals which are rarely found in any other product.
5) Fish: Normally tuna, herring, salmon, and sardines are consumed. These fish strengthen cell membranes and prevents skin pigmentation and skin cancer. Out of all non-vegetarian options, fish have maximum benefits.
6) Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits which include oranges, Indian gooseberry, grapes, tomatoes etc are rich in vitamin C, which prevents aging and wrinkles. They are rich in antioxidants and regenerates growth of dead cells.
7) Yellow bell pepper: Yellow bell pepper are commonly known as yellow capsicum. They contain vitamin c, antioxidants, and photo chemicals. They give youthful appearance by fighting against those free radicals which cause damage to our skin. Being rich in antioxidants, they also prevent anti-aging and wrinkles.
8) Turmeric: Turmeric, usually known as haldi is an Indian spice. It is added in Indian dishes because of its multiple health and skin benefits. The beauty we achieve by consuming natural products is far better than applying chemicals on our skin because if we are healthy, it definitely reflects on our skin. Turmeric calms our skin by controlling oil secretion thus prevents acne and inflammation. It also prevents wrinkles and aging.
9) Yoghurt: Yoghurt contains probiotics which are present in our skin. It prevents inflammation and pimples. Yoghurt can be included in our diet daily because it is light and thus our skin looks fresh and oil free.
10) Mangoes: Mangoes contain beta-carotene which when consumed by the body, converts into vitamin A. Mangoes also contain vitamin C which prevents aging and wrinkles. Although mangoes are good for the skin they should not be consumed in excess as eating excess mangoes leads to acne and pimples.
11) Pumpkins: Pumpkins are rich in beta-carotene, potassium, fibers, anti-oxidants and vitamin C. They help to reverse the effect UV rays and prevents pigmentation. They also support re-generation of dead cells, resulting in the fresh and glowing skin.
12) Avocado: Avocadoes can produce tremendous benefits on our skin. If start consuming it regularly inadequate amount, you will notice significant changes in your skin texture and quality. Rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin C, and antioxidants, avocados can also be applied directly on your face.
13) Strawberries: Strawberries are the rich source of vitamin C, minerals like sodium and antioxidants. They contain dietary fibers which eliminate excess toxic substances preventing constipation, which is a major reason for pimples and acne. If your stomach is clean, there are very fewer chances of pimples and acne. Besides beauty benefits, strawberries are good for the heart and prevent cancer.
14) Spinach: Spinach has numerous skin benefits. They contain vitamin K which prevents dark circles and increases blood circulation. A very unique property of spinaches is that they have high percentage water in them. Water cleanses our skin as it eliminates unwanted toxic substances from our body.
15) Brocolli: If you want a clean and radiant skin, without thinking twice include broccoli in your diet. This is clearly evident because it is rich in copper, iron, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
Include these items in your diet on a regular basis and let them do wonders on your skin!